Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Only New Year's Resolution

I'm not really one to make resolutions, as they seem to be a setup to fail. But I feel I can at least try. My wife said to me, why are you not more romantic with me? I thought about it, and I can give her no good reason, so, I will show her that I love her.

Now most women probably want their men to be more romantic with them, I openly admit that. The day in... day out, routine of things kind of makes a guy forget. I mean I still take fault but at the same time realize that it's just the sign of how in our complicated world, the simplest things should be remembered... and really aren't. Go to work all day, figure out what's for dinner, sign any papers for the daughter, have the other daughter climbing up your leg wanting a cookie, pay bills, give baths (to yourself and anyone else), check emails, get ready for the next day, on and on and on.

So I'm going to resolve to show my wife I love her more. There really is no other person that is more important than who you pick to go through life with, and that person should know how much you care for her. Now I don't mean spending more money on her, or somehow making more time, where there is none. I'm simply going to take a little more affection and thus channel it more appropriately.

If this means, taking the 2 year old to bed, or cooking dinner, or just holding her while we go to sleep, then so be it. I haven't really been holding up my end lately (like for a year... because of the stroke), but I'm willing to at least try.

And if you see me still in love with my wife in a year, consider it an auto-renewing resolution, since it worked so good last time. :o)

1 comment:

"P. B." said...

That is a tears-in-my-eyes lovely resolution, MH.

I've had more than enough of Dr Phil, but I like when he says he wants his wife always to feel that wherever they are no woman is better treated than she is.