Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sgt. Jasper Park

This past Saturday I went to Sgt. Jasper Park with the kids. The wife was doing her LCI Master Naturalist thing, and it was supposed to be a fairly warm day, so I figured we'd, the two girl and I, do something naturey. Sgt. Jasper Park was just the thing, not too far away, doesn't cost anything, and it gives us something to do.

And so, off we go.

I should say that as far as state or county parks go, this one is clean and kept up. I should also say that it's right next to I-95, and as such, doesn't exactly offer "peace and quiet" it just can't. But otherwise, and especially for what I was wanting to do, it's just right.


Yep that's me, and the 2-year-old

My 2-year-old is still suffering from a prolonged cold, she gets kind of weezy/coughy and we have to give her nebulized alburterol every 4 hours. So I didn't want anything too hard, or too long. What Sgt. Japser has to offer is a trail, about 1/2 a mile that goes around a pond. We walked around and looked at things, mostly pine cones, because they were everywhere and my little one likes them.


They also had fish, but for whatever reason, we could not coax them out. I guess we would have been better off feeding the fish in our pond, but C'est la vie. We made our way around the pond spotting a deformed tree or two, and lots and lots of pine cones. There's also this disc course, you throw a Frisbee or something like it, kind of like golf, but for slackers and hippies. Actually I have no idea about who does that sort of thing, It might be fun, not necessarily my cup of tea, but fun all the same.

No comments: