Monday, January 5, 2009

All Is Not Lost.

I know, all the celebration and holiday-ing is over. But not if you're living in New Orleans. After Christmas, and New Year's, there's the Carnival season which ends with Mardi Gras. Basically it's "King Cake" time. A pleasure you really don't know until you tried it, and we found King cake at Publix last year, a trend I'm hoping to repeat.

Anyway to any and all: look for it around the 6th, I certainly will. And even then as far as celebrations go, the party never really stops in New Orleans, because then there's Jazz Fest, and along with St. Patrick's day (you too could be vieing for a cabbage or carrot in a crowd) and Easter into the summer with picnics and BBQ's.

So if your a bit down thinking you have nothing to look forward to, you're in luck, even in the "toe" of South Carolina as my mother calls it. Have a King cake and watch who gets the baby, because I would be hitting them up for the next King cake ASAP.

No comments: