Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pandora

Ok I'm not really into the latest greatest in the world of internet, or really anything. But an acquaintance of mine showed me something, and I think it's only right that I pass it on.

It's Pandora, and it's free. Basically you type in a band that you like and they'll try to give you other bands you may or may not like. You then give each individual song thumbs up or down and it will give you more recommendations.

Think about it, eventually your internet radio will know you better than you know yourself. King of weird aint it? Now maybe you know about this already and this is a big "no news" to you, but to me I think this thing is great. No commercials, no nothing but music you like. Crazy huh?

I'm sure they have some kind of tracking cookie or something on it, but you give them an email, a zip code, year you were born and gender, and that's it. Pretty sweet. And yet another way that may get me exposed to more/different music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yahoo has something like this too.