Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Sandbox

Yes, the picture in yesterday's post was revealing wasn't it? Not only am I ugly, I tend to wear strange things and I'm a pilot...(also I have the ability to look drunk even though I'm not inebriated). Ok not really, that was taken at the Sandbox which is on Hilton Head Island. It's for little kids... 3-6 years old, and in concept seems like a money maker.

But it's not, at least that's what they say, and who am I to argue? A children's museum, you think they'd have them everywhere. But anyway, we're thinking of having my daughter's 3rd birthday there. So we went over and checked it out, because you've got to do due diligence right?

It's pretty cool, at least while we were there, I'm sure if more people were there... like during tourist season, I might feel differently. But they weren't crowded, in fact at one point we were the only people there. They offer a membership, like the YMCA or heath club, and as nice as I think the place is, I just don't know if I (more than likely my wife and daughter) would use it that much.

Still, it is nice that we have such a thing here, and we'll probably have my daughter's birthday there. But I don't know about the membership... yet.

No comments: