Saturday, January 17, 2009

Oyster Roast

Do you like a good oyster roast? How about beer? What about both? Yes?

Then you should get down to Port Royal this Saturday (today) and partake. I'm gonna, and it will be damn good. The only part that is no good is the price. $25 in advance, which really isn't bad... if you eat oysters. But what if you don't? Well then it is not such a deal. And many people don't like the oysters... Hard to believe huh?

So we have to work something out. But wait... The high Saturday is only going to be in the 40's, the low in the 20's. Um, errr, I'm not so sure now.

I can have oysters and beer at my house, much warmer there, and will probably cost the same or cheaper.

6-pack of beer- $5-10 depending on what I get
1-bushel of oysters $30 (and I will never eat them all.)

Vs.

$50 for just the adults (in advance), god knows what the kids will cost, or eat.

Hmmm, I have some thinking to do. But it looks like if I do it myself, I'll come out ahead and I won't have to shiver nor will I put my family though the whole rigmarole of driving out there, find a parking spot, walking down to the place, waiting in line to get in, waiting in line to get a beer, waiting to get a spot for oysters, then waiting for the actual oysters... this is sounding less and less appetizing by the minute.

No comments: