Sunday, November 9, 2008

Popsicle Party

On my other blog you may have read about my lack of sleep (and probably laughed, it's ok, that's what I put it there for). So we offered my youngest a chance for some great reward if she doesn't come to our bed at 3am. A little game of luck I'd say, because honestly we didn't think she'd take us up on it.

Well, she did and now we have to produce something that resembles a reward (we didn't plan that far ahead) She wakes up at a more reasonable 6:30am and wants... a popsicle. That's it? A popsicle? I think we can do that.

I mean it is breakfast, but a popsicle is no different than Cool aide right? Not that we give my kids cool aide, but plenty of people do. So there she was, chomping away at a popsicle at 7am. Is it worth it to get a full night's rest? Oh hell yeah.

1 comment:

WileyCoyote said...

When all else fails, bribery and coercion are still viable alternatives.
It isn't the price you pay for getting what you want that matters, it is the value of what you want against what you spend. Too many people just don't GET that. You haven't corrupted her, you've taught her how to get what SHE wants too, by changing her behavior. Valuable lessons at the mere cost of frozen drink mix. Not bad.