Saturday, November 1, 2008

Yeah...

I admit it. I did it. Am I sorry? Yeah, pretty much. I went on the local paper's website and posted, even though I swore off that place. It was because I thought there wouldn't be anymore BT. It was (in my mind) the last chance to get a message to a group of people that I might not otherwise reach.

There are quite a few people that could produce a pretty good blog. But alas, nobody asked me how, so now all I've got is a bit of regret. I was trying, still (though I know it's of no use) to eek out some form of journalism from the paper. Or at least let them know, that someone was watching. But you can't change the unchangeable. I give up on them, I still don't know why I even tried.

Maybe you found yourself on the sidelines, wondering "can I make a blog". The answer is yes. Will it have as many readers as say BT? No, at least not at first. But it will be yours, for whatever that's worth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm definitely no fan of our local paper (not enough to subscribe anyway) but dont you think you owe what little readership your blogs have to BT? even when you show up to criticize you were using their forum for free advertisement. kind of unethical if you ask me. thank god u aren't in the news biz, huh?
you seem to have inside info about the people working at the paper. maybe your problem is more personal than anything else. that's how it comes across anyway.

Mad Hatter said...

No not really. I think the little bit of readership I have is because they like me have turned sour on "citizen journalism". Or because of a litany of other reasons. If I have anything against the paper it's that they had something and they let it get away because they're lazy. Nothing else.