Monday, November 10, 2008

Madagascar 2

Over the weekend, we had a movie that "we" (and by we I mean the 2-year-old) was dieing to see. Madagascar 2. Which if you saw any of the previews, they were supposed be be headed back to New York. They really weren't, or at least not for very long. They get to mainland Africa, which the lion, zebra, giraffe and hippopotamus are really from, and they find a way to fit in... sorta'.

I could go on how we paid for VIP seats, and other people didn't but were enjoying the leather seats and had really stupid laughs at stupid jokes. But I aint' going there.

The lion, Alex, find himself in the very same preserve that he was taken from years ago and he meets his parents again. The zebra, Marty, finds that he is not so special. The giraffe, Melvin, sees his girlfriend Gloria (the Hippo) find love in another hippo. It's all just a little too much, but it's a kid flick.

But really the whole reason to watch this movie is this:



I liked the first movie a lot better, there was an actual problem/resolution thing going on. The sequel lacks in that department. There was plenty of cheap laughs, if that's your thing then you'll love this movie.

2 comments:

"P. B." said...

Smile and wave, MH, smile and wave. I really loved the first one, and I'll prolly see this one too, if they let me take my grandson. He and I both like cheap laughs.

Mad Hatter said...

The first one was definitely better. And while kids will love it, I think it's not as geared to kids as the first one was.

I did happen to roku Meet the Robinson's over the weekend and this is the first movie that does not have any singing that my daughter loves.