Saturday, November 8, 2008

Jessie's Girl

So as you know (or maybe you don't, but you do now) I'm a bit of a guitar hero aficionado. I got the latest version which came out a week ago. One other thing it has, downloadable content. Where I can, for a price, pick up a song or two. One song brought back memories.

Jessie's Girl, by Rick Springfield. See at the time that this song debuted, my father was married to a different woman, and this woman had a daughter who was roughly the age of my older brother. I at the time thought that anything my brother wanted was ok, as long as he liked me. I was 6 years old.

Anyway my step-sister really, really, really liked Rick Springfield. She got one of those things at the beach were you could type anything in and make it your own (in Panama City). It said "I Love Rick Springfield", she also had him on tape.

What does my brother do? He gets me to bash the medallion with a hammer. And then we record over her Rick Springfield album, because all you had to do was fill in the little hole with a piece of paper... And we recorder us making fart noises instead. My brother knew better, I didn't but then again he used to get me to dance looking like a was jerking off, so nothing was beyond him.

I wish if I saw this girl now, she'd be a woman, and I would deeply apologize. But my dad and his third wife divorced some 25 years ago. Still if you by some chance see this, know that I wasn't the jerk my brother was, and I am sorry...



From Weezer to Rick Springfield, yeah that just the way I roll...

No comments: