Saturday, November 29, 2008

How My Day Was Ruined... Sorta

Ok I had a pretty good thing going. I cooked the dressing, sweet potatoes, green beans, and did prep work for the the rest. And my 13-year-old was very helpful with everything, that is until we got around to carrots.

Apparently my daughter thought that she could just peel the carrots into the sink and let the garbage disposal do the rest. Um, no, not quite.

So while my wife was doing her pie and we were cleaning up, the sink became clogged. It's at this point that I find out about the carrot peels down the drain. I dig in the disposal, no good.

Trying to remain calm, I ask my daughter to get the plunger.

But it was no good.

I empty everything from the sink and... god bless Centex, they made the pea trap removable by hand. And it was jam packed with peels.

So I cleaned everything up, put the pea trap back on and viola! The sink was draining again, with no leaks or anything else. Of course I was now covered in carrot peels, drain water, and whatever was on the plunger. My day of lounging had been ruined, but at least I didn't have to call a plumber.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MH:
Thinking about the MONEY you saved alone was "worth the price of admission" as they say.

Nothing succeeds like SUCCESS!

WTG!

B.G.