Monday, November 24, 2008

Busy Week Ahead

This week kicks off, what for me will be a long, arduous busy time. It may be until after Christmas before I get any rest. But let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. This past weekend I went to Columbia to take the kids to the zoo (my wife had to go to a meeting in Columbia, so we were along for the ride), Sunday I had to work, because I want Friday off, plus I had to meet some friends for a movie. I'm not really sure what's in store Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but Thursday much merriment and being thankful will take place. I will have enough food to feed 5 or 600. Yeah I know, it's just my family and a few friends. If it were anyone else I'd cook for a 1,000 or so.

Something about that day makes me want to have way more than I'll ever need. But I will say that it will all get eaten. We have 4 days to do it, but come Monday... no leftovers, because there will be nothing left.

Then there is putting up the Christmas tree, all the decorations, and the Christmas Cookies too. I've got work to do...

1 comment:

WileyCoyote said...

Yup, we have to put up decorations too. The really interesting part is that we now have three times the area to decorate both inside and out - which means that EVERYTHING goes up; every tree, every light, every tabletop or doorway decoration we have gathered over the years, and even more that we had to buy this weekend! We have the huge old 'country house' five-foot windows too, so no skimping!

Now that we live in the State's designated "Christmas Village" we may not be 'required' to decorate, but it is kind of a tradition of friendly competition.

I was baking all weekend to get out Christmas presents as well as for Thanksgiving dinner. I toasted too much coconut for the rum balls and had to get even more creative - Coconut cream pie! The house smells really good already! I get a half day Wednesday, then Thursday and Friday off, so we will be very very busy... and today is the first day of the second turkey hunting season, so...

yup, busy times... but happy.