Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Garden Update: Week 5... late but still

So this week's garden installment is a bit late. It all happened because of events some 10 months earlier. Mainly I had to change the oil in my car. What do the two have to do with each other you might be thinking... It started like this:

I went to change the oil in my car when it was nice and pretty outside. I brought all the stuff, I had the last oil change done by a "place" because doing it myself wasn't really an option with the stroke and all. Anyway I have my oil filter and oil and I'm ready to take on the task. But the "place" put the oil plug on so god damn tight... I can't get it to come loose. And oh yeah, I already took off the oil filter. Much cursing and yelling took place. Still I could not break the stupid oil plug free.

My wife, the voice of reason and calm, said to put the old oil filter back on, and she'll take it back to the "place". And that was pretty much that. A day wasted, but all is not lost. Then I come to work, describe my dilemma to a co-worker, and he decides that he is going to break it. He is stronger than me and he has access to better tools. He broke it loose. Hallelujah, it's free!!!

My friend tightened it up to where a human can take it off, I come home later that evening, (which by the way is rainy and cold) and I change the oil without incident. So still you might asking, "What the hell does this have to do with a garden?" Basically I spent all of my time on an oil change, instead of the garden. But I manged to get this picture.

I did work a bit on the garden too, as you can see I'm starting to form a skeleton for a greenhouse sort of thing... for when it gets cold.

No comments: