Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh Drama!

My daughter, the older one, likes drama. I don't mean the kind you study, but the kind you create. Oh to be 13 and full of angst again. I know this is a kind of phase or whatever, I know that, but I don't know how much we (my wife and I) can put up with before I choke her.

I know, I'm not supposed to say that, but I don't care. I don't really get along with my kid, or at least not like others have projected. I have a fairly good grasp of what's going on, my kid... does not. I used to be her not all that long ago. We can get along, pretty well actually, and then other days not so much. I'm her father, not her friend. There has to be a point where I do more than just give and give and give.

She'll realize that when she's older, maybe I'll be dead by the time that happens, I don't know. So until then, check out this video. It kind of puts it all in perspective I think, except it really isn't like this, but still...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah- I remember those days. The joy of teenage girls. However, if you don't string her up by her toes before then, one day she will realize her old man is not crazy and full of crap and actually is pretty cool to hang out with. It's not a miracle- it does happen!