Monday, October 6, 2008

Garden Update: Week 1

Well I didn't think I would have much to say but I've found some things wrong, and right.

First the good news. Things are already sprouting.



You'll see from this picture that the lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts have all come up. And, now the bad news. I don't see any spinach... yet (I thought that was the fastest of the ones I planted) there are signs of weeds/grass, and my irrigation hose broke.



All in all, not so bad. I'll pull some weeds, fix the irrigation and wait to see if the spinach comes out.

2 comments:

WileyCoyote said...

Um.. er.. MH - you DO know that spinach sometimes comes up as thin grasslike blades at first, right?

Mad Hatter said...

Hmmm.... ok but in the spot where we planted it, we got nothing