Thursday, October 30, 2008

Punkins'

We did a bit O' pumpkin carving in preparation for Halloween. Our house is divided on the method of carving. My wife and older daughter like to pick something out of the book and trace it out, which does make a very nice looking pumpkin. Me and the younger daughter, we just like to design on the fly... the old fashioned way, as I call it.

I think if I could spend all day and draw a design to be traced, well that would be the ultimate pumpkin. But it is just a pumpkin, come November 1, it will be in the trash. I can't dedicate so much of myself to the process, for something so temporary.

I also realized I'm still a bit stroke bitten when I went to carve up the pumpkins. I broke or bent several "pumpkin carving knifes". It was the typical stroke feeling. It became hard to do anything, but I took breaks in between and I eventually got done. Deep breaths were all that was required, and maybe a beer or two.

Here's a picture of all the pumpkins, I'll let you decide who did what.


No comments: