Monday, October 6, 2008

Deliver Us From Evil

So I'm still wondering about this whole Bailout thing. And while I've wondered my 401k has lost $1200 at the start of last week, made about half of it up, and then continued to lose everyday after that. I was on pace to crack the $20,000 (cut that in almost half now) mark by the end of the year. Not that it matters, because I have a long time before I retire. But now it's at the point where I'm breaking even. That is take my contribution and my employer's match, over four years, and I haven't lost anything or gained either. And that in itself is depressing. No good deed go unpunished they say.

This seems to be the way for me in all things. Buy real estate they say... well only in certain areas and I didn't really do that (this is in the Upstate). Now it's the pigeon holing money away for retirement. You can't go wrong they say, good at first, but now it has turned rather sour. I put 10% of my paycheck toward it, maybe I need to do something else with that money.

I know, I know... wait it out. I just don't know if there will be any money to wait this out with. In other news, my spinach has sprouted, so at least that is some good news yeah? Dear Jesus, please help, hello... hello? Aw nuts.

No comments: