Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Puppet Lady

You ever look at somebody and think, maybe even say... out loud, "man that's got to be an easy job". I met somebody like that the other day. If you have kids and even if you don't or your kids are all grown up, you've probably met this person too.

I'm talking about Yostie, the puppet lady. I don't know whether I should be mad at her for doing something so stupid, and getting paid for it, or in awe because she is very lucky and basically "stepped in shit". I guess it really doesn't matter. And from what I hear, she's on the road a lot, so maybe she doesn't have such a great job, who knew, Yostie has such a following.

Anyway, you get on stage, act foolish, better yet get some other adult to act foolish, make a puppet out of everyday materials with kids, tell a story (that has nothing whatsoever to do with anything) and smile as you get paid.

That's Yostie. And that's what I pretty much tell myself every time a see her. How I wish I would be more like her, without much care, including people thinking I am a freak. Vanity is wasted on her.

1 comment:

Southern Focus Designs said...

I will not bore you and tell you how I know...but I know for a fact that her job is not as easy as it looks! :)