Saturday, October 4, 2008

Daddy in Charge

Well, sorta.

My wife the illustrious holder together of all things and the voice of calm, is going on some kind of school/business trip. She'll only be gone for one day, but as soon as she gets home she's off again for another day. So for those keeping up she'll be gone for 24 hours, go to bed and be gone for another 8 hours.

This is fine with me, I mean... I am a big boy, mostly. But my younger daughter, I don't know. She loves her mommy, which has become momma, we blame the Aristocats. If I can get though the morning (which by the time you read this I will have) I'll be home free. But mornings are tough, especially for non-morning people like me.

Once momma or wife or savior comes home for good, it will all be ok. Though at the end of the month, she and the little one are going up to Pennsylvania to see her folks. I can't go because I still have no vacation time, plus my other daughter has school. I think I can handle that much better. My older daughter and I have been through a lot together, though I doubt she'll even want to be hanging around me. You know teenagers.

Back to this particular trip, I have some flank steak marinating so dinner won't be too hard. We'll watch movies for the rest of the time. Going to sleep is hard, but I think she'll be ok. (she loves her momma) Besides doesn't this sort of thing build charater? Anyway, it's just for two days. Now I have to find some kind of training or school that I can go to. Like in Vegas or better yet the Bahamas.

1 comment:

WileyCoyote said...

When the cat's away... hee hee... it can be FUN you know. Besides, there will be more room in your bed for your youngest to sprawl out without momma being there! Can you have a bed party, with popcorn and snacks in the bed, while watching movies or playing board/card games until she falls asleep?? (You just have to wash the crumbs out of the sheets.)

My daughter's a bed piggie too, even at the tender age of 25... But on those rare occasions when we do sleep together after her college stint, we STILL stay up til all hours giggling under the covers!