Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Preparedness

You know when I was a kid I'd hope a hurricane would come my way. There was an excitement about the idea. Hell, the adults were planning hurricane parties. I don't think that's the case anymore. Now we just fear, no time to celebrate.

We spent yesterday getting all the lose stuff out of the yard. The lawn chairs, the hammock, various plants and hanging baskets. We also went shopping for some stuff. Because you can't go through a hurricane without buying some stuff. Water, a cool new flashlight, some food. The basics.

I don't think we'll use any of it, at least not in the same sense as we bought it, but you have to be prepared. That sounds like a nun scolding you doesn't it? If it makes people prepare, then so be it. blah blah blah. I'm ready, or as ready as you can be, I don't think anyone is fully prepared. But for a Cat 1 storm, that may or may not hit us I think I'm good.

No comments: