Saturday, September 13, 2008

All My Cool Points are Gone

I'm about to tell you something that I'm not really all that proud of, but it all came out ok, so I guess that counts for something. The other night we were locking up and turning things off for the night. As I was almost to the top of the stairs, my daughter, the two-year-old meets me. Now she's supposed to be in bed asleep, why she is up looking like Children of the Corn, I have no clue.

So I screamed, or squealed it's not something I'm proud of but I covered it up well. Kind of like "Eeek-um-uh-Hi, baby". I then said, though she couldn't understand it "You scared the bejesus out of me." I then took her up in my arms. My wife was snickering as she came up the stairs, having the comfort of being delayed by a few minutes, she could watch it all unfold. Because it was late, almost all the lights are out, a creepy kind of quiet nothing could be further from my mind than a kid getting up.

So I screamed, a little, so sue me. LOL

No comments: