Monday, September 29, 2008

The Bluffton Beer & Bratwurst Festival

I went, and was basically unimpressed. I think last year was ok, but this year it was not. Why? They had too many people there, and they had too big a focus on kids. For crying out loud, its a beer festival. They had 3 jumpy houses, and kids were everywhere. People were bumping into more people, and at one point one of the jumpy houses collapsed, which caused all kinds of calamity that attention was taken away from the the other two, and more of a mad house was created.

Maybe I just went into it in a bad mood. Maybe not. But it seemed to me that the whole thing was one big cluster.... well you know. It seems to me that they need to find a different venue. I can't see the residents of the area putting up with this, and it's really too small.

Back to the Beer & Brats, you had to pay $10 to get in or at least it appeared so, no other Festival does this, I guess we could have snuck in on a side street, I really don't know. They gave you 4 tickets and a cup when you paid your money, kids cost $5. But half of the vendors would take cash, so the hell with it. Then to actually get a beer you had to get in yet another loooooong line, never mind that you just waited in a long line to get in the place. And then you really couldn't find a place to sit... even if (like we did) you brought your own seat. Arrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh... It was not a very fun time all.

Next year, I'll buy me a six pack and have a good time all by myself... at home.

3 comments:

WileyCoyote said...

Well of course they had to gear it toward kids this year, didn't you read the BT blogs last year about how horrible it was that there was nothing for the little darlings to DOOO?

Thanks... hanging out with people now who know what sauerkraut is and what it is for... ummmmmm real Norweigian style brats and beer - and the kids go play on the swingsets, basketball and volleyball courts, where they belong, not bothering the grownups... Want an inflatable? How bout a nice balloon? Go away kid ya bother me...

I KNEW that would happen after the whining soccer moms last year - THEY can't keep their little whiny, pigfaced brats entertained - that's the whole world's responsibility. Coff hack ptui!

Mad Hatter said...

I never even got to have any food, we were having such a rotten time. We wound up eating at katie o's for dinner. Which wasn't bad, but as far as the beer fest goes, it's just another thing to go to for the kids... which isn't a bad thing per se, but I wanted beer and maybe a brat, what I got was long lines and not much else... except my money... uhg

Bob G. said...

Same reason I don't attend ballgames...or movies, or events in larger towns.

It's the MONEY!
(to have "fun" that is)

Gimme a small town fair (any day), or gimme a DVD and a scotch (neat).

B.G.