Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Get Caught

So we had pizza the other night, sans hurricane, and my wife ordered one half pizza just cheese, the other half sun dried tomato and onion. Then she changed her mind and wanted the whole thing to be sun dried tomato and onion, so she called back and adjusted the order. When the pizza arrives it is half and half, the pizza man already gone, not that there's anything he could do anyway but anyway. I looked at the pizza box, opened it up and said "shit, they just have half of the pizza, not the whole that you called them back for".

And what does little miss repeat everything say? SHIT, blah blah blah. Yes I know, I shouldn't cuss in front of my daughter, and yes I knew sooner or later she'd start to copy EVERYTHING, but there has to be a moment when you actually go through something so that you know, without a doubt that you have to watch what you say around her. This was my moment.

Not quite as funny as the moment I had when my older daughter blurted out in K-mart "Quit kicking my ass daddy". But then again, I really don't know where that came from. I was literally kicking her ass in a playful way, but I never said to her or around her about kicking anyone's ass. Each is gifted in their own way I guess.

I didn't make a fuss or anything, only I heard it and thus my day was saved. I think. I did tell Mrs. MH later about it, and she said that I need to watch my mouth. Fair enough, though it will be hard, but I'll try.


2 comments:

WileyCoyote said...

From a person whose very first words were "Oh, Shit!" I can tell you that it dousn't handicap you a bit. The hard part is teaching when to - and when not to - say it! LOL

"P. B." said...

My little grandson told me the other day that "poopoo" is a bad word. Not having been informed of the term we are now using, I was tempted ...(evil grin)...