Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Team

I should say my daughter's team. We picked a fantasy football team the other day. It was for my child's math class. They will keep up with the scores and what not, and then we'll see how the season plays out. I did break one rule already, most of our team is filled up by Denver (I lived there for 2 years, and my daughter was born there) and New Orleans players. They say not to do this. But I don't care. So we get to learn about math and football so it seems.

I have never done this before, so as far as the fantasy part I'm no different than my daughter. We had $40,000,000 to work with, I spent $39,925,000. Who knows if I got a good value. You have to get into it (football) on a whole new level. You can't just pick the 1st place guy in every position because you'll blow the budget. This might actually make my kid, a teenager, appreciate more the value of a dollar... maybe.

So we figured out who is passing and running and kicking and catching and playing defense. Now all we can do is sit back and see if any of our picks are worth a shit. No name calling or otherwise, this is for school.

1 comment:

WileyCoyote said...

Another reason not to pick the first string for the whole team - what happens if three of your picks blow out their knees or get concussions?

Of course, that would be a good way to teach probabilities, too!