Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where Would You Go?

So it comes every year, right about this time... that I grow tired off the cold and start day dreaming of summer. Yes I know, it will be in the 60's, and I know we have some "cold" left to go, and I know it does not really get that cold here anyway, but I want to be warm (never-mind the mosquitoes and grass cutting). I start thinking of the warm places I know, that aren't very warm now... but it is my vacation/day dream.

You know, like Florida, that is suffering from the same cold weather that we have, so that is out. What about a cruise? Ah yes, surely they are warm, yes slip away into the not caring of the Caribbean. I don't have any money though, so I wonder... where else could I find warm? Inside a broken refrigerator? At a local area sweat shop? Perhaps in my own house in a hot bath?

I know when it gets here (the heat) I will likely be looking for somewhere cool to escape the heat. If only I cold bottle up today's cold temp and save it till July, if only. So where would you go... if money were no object? Ok now were would you go if money's tight? Would it be warm, cold, or both?

In about a month, I would go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I haven't seen a real parade since childhood. But that is a hit or miss thing too. I want to go IF the weather is nice, not if it is raining and/or cold. Otherwise, maybe I'll look at Florida and see whenever it warms up, and visit the beach. The minimum temp is 80 though, so we have a ways to go...

No comments: