Thursday, January 14, 2010

So NOW They Listen

The school district is now moving the attendance zones... oh my if this would have been done two years ago... I mean, I'm just saying, I think throwing children into this jumbled mess right at the end of their primary education is pretty f-ed up. Let's say you have a kid who has been with his/her schoolmates for 8 years, and then you move them.

I mean, you are moving these kids at a fragile time, picture yourself in your freshman year and you don't really know many people, all (or most) of your friends go to that other school. I would survive and adapt, but I don't know if I would flourish. Do the schools offer the same classes? Same level of teaching? Same amount of safety?

Well I would think that if they are exposed to the same conditions a little earlier in life, maybe they would be a little more ready. But maybe not. I guess I'm used to everybody coming together by the time they get to high school, this is kind of the reverse of that.



Here I've posted right off their own website (The school district's) what they might do. I really don't have a dog in this fight. So I can't really say what or which way I would go. It seems crazy, but this is Beaufort County, anything is possible.

No comments: