Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Endorse...The Saints

Ok up until the last couple of years, I was a closet Saints fan. I mean, you kind of have to be. Because there wasn't a whole lot to be proud of when you think of their record. Well now it is different. Going into the Championship game they are 1 ranked in the NFC, and if they can go all the way... well, lets just say it would be probably the biggest reason to party in New Orleans since Drive-Thru Daiquiris was invented (yes you can get a drive-thru daiquiris in New Orleans... you aint supposed to drink it 'til you get home, *wink wink*) .

My wife keeps telling me, "Why not just be happy they got this far?" but for me it won't be resting easy until they have that super bowl ring on their hands (as the winner) . I have absolutely nothing to do with whether they win or lose, but the whole city projects itself on if they win or lose. Hell, it wasn't so long ago that when a celebrity was in town the running joke would be, have they been fitted for their Aint's bag yet.

That being said, I think this is their best chance they'll ever get. 14-45 was an impressive win, can it be repeated? God I hope so. We've a long way since sucking for the first 30 or so years. The perennial loser, going to get a shot at victory, if you ask me, that is a true life Cinderella story.

Meanwhile, I force myself into reading everyone's opinion about the the upcoming games, and they put the question mark on the Saints. Why because they have never been here before. So I guess I'll sit here and hope that the Saints can pull another one out. Not that they don't think they'll win, but until you do, they (the media) will always be on your back.

No comments: