Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Health Interrupted

What we have here is... A classic case, of what needs to be fixed with the healthcare dilemma. But the current reform really won't address it (the stuff being debated now) and I don't think others will either. In fact I'm not really sure this can be fixed, the what do you do when you have 2 medical events in a short span of time. I'm saying this, at least I don't think it will.

Saturday my wife went into the ER with a "hot gallbladder", she needs to have it removed. Now this will be expensive no matter what gets done, short of take her out of the hospital... and that is not going to happen. So what to do now? Well I have 3 girls to look after, diners to cook, bottles to make, all that stuff, and I got a job to do too. My wife understands, although, I may not. As you know, she has been by my side when I had the stroke, I mean, it was during the Christmas holiday... or part of it was... the other part she took sick days. Other people stepped up to watch the kids... but it was then just two kids, not a baby... Plus according to my wife it isn't like having a stroke... true, I guess, I mean yeah... but no.

Anyway to add to this problem we have the swine flu. What the hell does that have to do with it? My kids can't see momma', because the hospital says no one under 14 is allowed. That's cool, it is for their own good. Now it is hard to explain to a three year old... but anyway.

Now we wait, sit and wait, sit and wait, because my wife has no sick time... because she used it all to have the baby. No disability check... yet. So we are on the verge of financially imploding. Maybe, maybe not. We just don't know yet. If my wife makes a speedy recovery, and everything (except for her gallbladder) comes out ok, then no, but if she has a prolonged hospital stay, or complications with surgery... then only god knows.

I suppose this would be where the emergency money comes in... if I had it.

No comments: