Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby Update

Well I'm not sure if I said this or not but my daughter has tracheomalacia, which is to say some part of her esophagus/trachea is not quite fully developed. She grunts a lot instead of the ah-goo's and ah-gee's of a kid that is not affected by this condition (it also makes her "squeaky"). I don't think she has a severe case, in fact I believe it is quite light. Because every now and then she does produce the ah-goo's just like other kids. And a big smile comes to her face, my face, her mother face, pretty much anybody and everybody who happens to hear.

I know I shouldn't feel sorry for her, but she is my kid, so I do. But they grow out of it, and I treat the grunts just like the clear "ah-goo's", and I can tell that me staying positive makes her stay positive, and really who could resist that toothless smile? Nobody in my house can that is for sure... and I just know, given a few more months this will all be for naught anyway, because everyone that is blood related to me, is kind of like a cockroach, you can make us down, but you can never put us out. Maybe she will not make those sounds the way a normal kid does, but she will improvise and find a way to make sounds, clicks and grunts, that will be equally amazing.

No comments: