Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stupid TV

Channel flipping, why? I don't know. Mainly what happens on a given night is my wife is watching whatever, falls asleep, and then I'm awake. And thus you get the channel flipping. Because nothing is really on TV. I try to hit the commercial free zones first, which are PBS and TMC. From there, I like History, Discovery, National Geographic... Science/history that is interesting and yet will put me to sleep.

Well I was looking at History and this new program called Earth 2100. This is not history, mainly because it is in the future. I like my history in the past, that is to say, I don't want to fantasize about what might happen or what could happen, I want to watch what actually happened. Hence the name... History.

I thought they were stretching the truth with the whole Clash of the Dinosaurs on Discovery. The Dinosaur looked like this and he would have ate that and it would have behaved this way... According to one way of thinking, but who is to say? That is just it... Sure you can line up these experts, and you can make some scientific guesses, but I don't know if that makes for "good TV" so they must embellish it. Replaying the same CGI crap 40 times because we didn't see it the first 39 times.

I think I would do better to just turn the danged TV off, but it is so easy to leave it on... and I keep hoping that they will have something actually viewable. But no, they really never do. I wonder if a channel will come out with 10 minute real information clips, and put 3 or 6 together and make a show like that, instead of dedicating an hour to one thing and boring us to death with it instead. That will cost more though, so I guess we will never see it.

No comments: