Thursday, February 5, 2009

Photo Blog

So I've been thinking about blogging about my goings-on on the weekend. That is if I do anything and if I take my camera with me when/if I do. This time I went right in and around my "backyard". This is very close... and yet very far away. I'd like to see if anyone could guess, but if you know where I live, well, it's not hard at all. Anyway let's just say we'll put this in the photo blog, (like this one and this one) and see what happens from there.


The first picture is actually the last. Upon coming out of the tidal flood zone we saw a tree, an oak tree that is growing somewhat sideways. According to my "master naturist" wife these are common, but I never saw one until this picture was taken, so there.




Out on the plain, we saw dead trees, I guess at one time it used to look different around here...



Here we have the "river" that comes up and down with the tide. I will have to come out again when it's high tide, just to see the difference.




Here is the sandy bottom that I thought would swallow my shoes and leave me barefoot, but alas, no pluff mud around here at least


Here is yet another dead tree. I don't know if it's nature or "man-made" the dictates the placement of the sticks and other stuff... but it is weird.



And finally, guess what bridge/road this is...

No comments: