Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Police State

It seems that lately, and this is just me, which might just be me, but anyway it seems like there is a lot more people getting pulled over lately. Why is this? Well, I'm not really sure. It could be that more speeders or more instances of speeding have come to the area or the law officials have clamped down on on lawbreakers. Or, maybe the police are looking to bring in a bit of money in hard times.

That's fine, unless you're the one getting the ticket. Now I don't work in or around law enforcement and this may just be a skewed observation by me, but there have been break-ins and attacks, no doubt somewhat caused by the worsening of the economy. I really don't know if or how any of that ties together, but I am glad that I haven't been pulled over yet.

And that is no way to be. I feel restricted in the way I get around. I don't really know why, or how to put it into words, but I do feel caught up. I want to feel safe, but dang, I also want to feel like I can move.... know what I mean?

No comments: