Thursday, February 19, 2009

Photo Blog: Right Out Back

Ok, today's adventure is again right out my backyard. Or at least pretty close, within walking distance. It amazes me, how you can find beauty in the most basic of things. I was going to make this trip on daffodils, but they were all gone so I improvised. This old, metal culvert can be seen from the road. Know where?


This was taken from under a bridge, the opposite side from the culvert.


The creek or river is tidal, I think anyway, so you can see roots growing this way and that.


This one too, water shapes everything I guess...


Looking up is good too. I try not to get "tunnel vision" when I take pictures, but there is only so much I can show. Sometimes it really is best to see it for yourself. Also notice the pines in the back, that is the point where you step back into "the regular world"


The trees are literally leaning over and in some cases fell down, because of water.



My daughter took this, it is an interesting tree is it not?


Meanwhile I found this stump/dead tree rather peculiar myself.


Finally we saw this, not 20 feet from the road. A deer skull, that was probably hit by a car.

No comments: