Sunday, February 22, 2009

How I Almost Got Killed... Twice

I was in my car, which seem to be the punchline to almost everything around here. I was coming up on a green light, it was still green after I left it, what I mean is, I had the right of way. Half way through my left turn, a car, actually an SUV... a big one, comes at me from the right. And what makes it worse is everyone was being still, (because their light was red) and this woman swerved over into the opposing traffic, to almost hit me.

She didn't, thank god, but she could have, and I would have to have been scraped off of her bumper. I don't know if she was having trouble, or was in a hurry, but she sure did shake me up.

Later that very same day, I'm cooking, or I'm about to. I'm making some burgers to put out on the propane grill. I can't get the grill to light. In it's defense, it has given us 4 years of use, we need to get a new one. So anyway, I do, finally get it to light, only a huge fireball comes with it. The hair on my arms was the only victims.

After all that I called it a day, who knows what the 3rd strike would have been...

No comments: