Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wolfmother, Cosmic Egg

So I've been wanting to review this album for a while. Why? Mainly because they had a song on Guitar Hero, and I liked it, and I wanted to see if the band's other offerings were good too. I can say that it is pretty good, IF you like a heavy dose of Black Sabbath. I'm just sayin'. They have lots of bass guitar, like truck loads, hell they can fill up a train, or even a big oceangoing ship.

It is hard to believe that Wolfmother can be more Black Sabbath, than Black Sabbath, but they are... pretty much. Some of the licks almost sound exactly like Sabbath. Which, early on might be Ok, how that holds up is questionable. What I'm trying to say is... Wolfmother is an awesome band, they have some incredible songs, but it has all been done before. And I don't know if that "cover band" quality will make me want to listen to them, 6 or 12 months down the road. I like Black Sabbath, but I don't listen to them all that often, I'll hold judgment to the test of time I suppose.

Here is the title song off of Cosmic Egg. See what you think.


No comments: