Saturday, March 6, 2010

Belated Birthday

I was going to make a post about how it was Dr. Seuss's Birthday Tuesday, but things happened, and I'll just have to wish him a belated birthday instead. This is really no big deal, as the man is dead, and I didn't know him, but in the world of children's literature, it is huge. As you know my wife has a lot to do with that, and if it means a lot to her, then it will mean a lot to me.

We have this tit for tat "rhyming game" that we play, and because I've had a stroke and still suffer from aphasia (knowing the word, but not being able to say it) or just because my wife is so smart... she beats the pants off of me... pretty much every time we play it. So anyway I wanted to write a silly poem, because that was what Dr. Seuss was all about, rhyming, he was the original rapper, I think.

Happy Birthday too you
I hope you don't have the flu
I think I am just a little bit Seussian
Because of what you wrote was loosian
Loosian? what the hey...
You can be what ever you want, say whatever you say
Because this is or was your day

I know that was a pathetic attempt, but I could'nt get my wife to write a poem, so there you go.

No comments: