Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh Humanity... Why Must I Deal With You?

Everybody does things for a reason...

This keeps echoing in the back of my head, what seems like forever. What I mean is let us say that there is a bill collector on the phone, and you have already spoke with the person/company that you owe money to, you have done your job... or tried to. Now what about this bill collector? Well you explain things to him/her as best you can, but they have a job to do too. Maybe s/he is having a bad day, maybe you are the 30th person s/he has heard say exactly the same thing, maybe I just don't even know.

But more than likely I'm pretty sure that person is not here just to make my day go all hay-wired. So what do you do? Hmmm... I wish I knew.

What about your kids? (If you have them) They lie about something... their homework, their chores, where they were, you name it, they'll lie about it... at least it is the case with me. Are they lying because they are out to get you? Not hardly, though through unintended consequences it could appear as such. Like say they flunked their English test, or math, or history, or whatever and the teacher has them get the test signed, because the teacher wants the parents to know that the kid is not holding their end up. Well the kid forages a parent signature, doesn't tell their parents that they are failing, and for the most part, the parents are oblivious. The kid fails another test, this time the teacher decides to drop an email to the parents.

Holy Shit! What do you mean my kid is failing?!? Yeah. The parent looks (and sometimes feels) like an ass, and doesn't know what his/her kids are doing. When in fact, the kid hid the truth, because he/she didn't want to get in trouble. There is a reason there, not a very good one, but a reason all the same.

Or how about at work? Your boss is a complete asshole, or that special someone that nobody likes to deal with because she can be the bitch from hell. Well, did you ever stop, and look at things from his/her perspective? Not just his/her point of view, but from his/her perspective and you had his/her education, social experiences, how would a particular instance look from his or her life reactions.

It's hard. I know it is. It's really really hard, sometimes it is impossible. But if you just take a deep breath, and push though it, maybe it is not so bad as you think. Maybe the guy is just a prick, I guess that is possible... not everyone will get along with certain personality types. But we are all human... most of us anyway. I'm just sayin'...

No comments: