Thursday, March 4, 2010

3.50 (or Three Fiddy)

I was joking with the wife because there is this sign for a new queen bedroom set that can be seen all around town, for $150. And it made me think of The Loch Ness monster, and $3.50... it was a bit played out on an episode of South Park. I'm not an avid fan of the show, but that particular show is quite funny.

We are, that is me and my teenage daughter are finding all kinds of reasons to say "Three Fiddy". Is this healthy? Probably not, but we do it anyway. Back to this $150 queen bedroom set. WTF? It looks like a hand written sign, but it is everywhere. And you's think someone has already bought it... but no. So I would guess someone is in the furniture business, or it is an actual store that has this marketing campaign. Maybe, I can't for the life of me think that one person has this bedroom suit... still, but you just never know.

And what other $150 (one five zero) numbers are out there? When I was stationed in South Korea, back in the early 90's. You could cash a check for $150 at the PX. And that is what we did every Friday and Saturday. Because we had drinking and partying and general carousing to do. And man, how we did it.


No comments: