Thursday, March 18, 2010

Panic at the Disco: Pretty Odd

Ok, I've reviewed part of this album, check it out if you didn't before. So why am I doing the whole album now? Well there is an interesting story behind it. Basically, we were perusing the Dollar Tree, you know, everything is a dollar, and I happen upon this, a relatively new album. So I think to myself, "Damn, I really can't go wrong for $1." So I bought it.

Now you could swing the other way and say "Man, they must really suck if they are giving it away for $1". But it is just a buck, so it is not like I'm giving up a kidney or sawing my leg off. So I settle in and give Pretty Odd a listen. Hmmm... Ok Van Halen, or even a Twisted Sister it isn't, but it is feel good music, and my daughter (the teenager) loves them, so I give the CD to her if I just don't like it. But the thing is, it is kind of catchy, no guitar licks or anything, but it has snappy drum-lines, and infectious lyrics.

It is music you pop in the CD player on the way to the beach or cleaning the house. The kind where you really don't pay attention to the music. You could turn it down and have a conversation if you wanted.

No comments: