Monday, March 22, 2010

Health Care

So what about the Health Care Reform? Well, they say it will be upon us... soon. I still can't make heads or tails from it. In fact I'm still not sure if it will have a negative or positive affect on me. Or that I should be for it or against it. Now I know folks on the conservative side say "how are you going to pay for it" and it is true, exactly how are you going to pay for it? Especially when Medicare is supposedly broke and the whole economy being in the dumps. No one can really say.

But if I look at it from a more liberal mindset, and yeah we need help, yeah maybe insurance is too high, yeah I would like to be covered in case I lose my job and not have to worry about preexisting conditions. But there is no "free lunch" it has got to come from somewhere. So where?

And as far as the whole "rationing" thing goes... I'll offer this much, after I got out of the Army, I had to go to the VA for various things. You quickly realize you just become a number in the huge VA machine. Get in line here, wait there, why? Because, it is the best way to handle a bunch of people. It made me shrug the whole thing off. I'm just sayin... I had to wait so long just to get an appointment, then wait some more, and then I had to travel to Columbia. It wound up being more trouble than it was worth. I gave up, and thus I don't have a problem anymore. Not exactly the cure I was looking for, but what are you going to do?

So even with all that said, I can still hope, that somehow, good will come out of this "reform" right?

No comments: