Saturday, March 13, 2010

Two Songs...

Way back, when I was in the army, and in Korea crazy shit happened. My daughter, the teenager, was going through an old CD case, which brought back memories. Hence the thinking about Korea and how crazy it was there.

I have two songs, in completely different genres that most would label "offensive". Why these two particular songs? The first one (Gin and Juice) was in my roommate's CD player, and he played it everyday. The same could be said about the other (Bad Habit) was in the CD player across the hall, and it too was played repeatedly.

Gin and Juice



Bad Habit



Both are loaded with curse words. Although I think Offspring's use of Stupid dumb-shit, Goddamn, Motherfucker probably wins in the contest of... I'm not really sure, but it is a powerful statement, you can't say that and just be kidding around, it has anger inside of it. I certainly would not want to be on the receiving end.

Gin and Juice is a Snoop Dog song, that in and of itself, does it for me. There are a lot more curse words in it, but nothing quite so angry. And while they were having dueling songs (not really, at least I don't think) where was I? Easy, I was at the Main Post Club, listening to the Filipino rock band, with a heavy beer order, or maybe a shot of tequila, drowning my troubles away.

Ok not really, I did become somewhat of a lush, but we all did really. My dorm refrigerator could hold 2 cases of beer, and if it had less than a case, we were low. In fact when I finally came home, I got the shakes, because there was so much alcohol, and to go from having it, to quitting cold turkey, was a little much. But anyway, those Filipino women sounded like shit, that is until you drank 5 or 10 beers, then, they sounded just like the real thing. Seriously.

No comments: