Saturday, March 27, 2010

We Got a New Grill

I know, my life must be pretty boring if I have to tell everyone about my purchase of a new grill. But it is an interesting story... I think. First things first. I had to get rid of my old grill, a grill that has served us well for 4 years. I had to go to the dump. Well, all except I could not transport it because my car, or SUV could not fit it. So after a bit of dismantling I loaded it, sort of, sideways, and with a hammer. It was all good. I think.

But it brings me to a more tricky problem, I was going to have the people at Lowe's put the grill together, I mean they do so for free, so let them. Except, if my old grill wouldn't fit, this new (bigger) surely won't fit. So I have to call down to Lowe's, and tell them, we'll take it unassembled.My heart was breaking as my wife made the call. My turn key project, was turning into a DIY before my eyes.

We drop off the grill at the dump, and then go on to Lowe's to pick up the new grill, in the box. The box was very, very heavy. And it barely fit into my SUV. How was I going to get the heavy bastard moved or put together? I'd have to piece meal it, take one piece at a time, until it is all gone. It took me (and my daughter the teenager) about 3 to 4 hours to build it and the base I have it sitting on. And I had to "season" the grill per the instructions that came with the grill. That is done, now all I have to do is grill up some grub...


Here it is, yes it is a propane and a charcoal grill.

No comments: