Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lazy Much?

I feel like I'm getting lazy. What I mean to say is, I push though to make a post everyday, because I think (and this is just me) if I want to keep this whole Blog Jam thing going I have to. I like places that update daily, and I want to be that place for whoever may be reading my blog. It is my gift to you, really it is. Do you know I'm coming up on 1,000 posts since I started this thing? More than 1oo movies have been reviewed, more than 100 online comics have been created, and I have pretty much given my opinion on almost everything. I have left my life open to see, especially the most vulnerable parts, i.e. my stroke. I have taken local media to the wood shed, and I have endorsed the good parts of life. I have given more of myself, but in doing so I have reaped the returns that are 1000 times better than what I've sown.

But as I close in on that 1,000 post marker, I look around and nobody has even come close to that. I'm not really looking for competition mind you, but I simply cannot be the only game in town. I sent out an email to everyone in the Blog Jam, asking for help. Help posting, help getting the word out, just general help, because I really don't know what to do to make the membership grow.

My hope is to one day leave the Lowcountry and know that the Blog Jam is still there, still pumping. But so far, I've got zero responses to my email, and I can only wonder what that means. Now I am not leaving any time soon. Heck I might never leave. But I hope than if/when I do, there will be others willing to take up the torch and march on. Big dreams right? Yeah, maybe.

But back to feeling lazy. I think blogging, has hit a stagnation, and it is a struggle to think of new things to say. I can't stand it when a topic gets regurgitated again and again... and I know, I have done it too. So I'm looking for something new, something different. Though my job, I am exploring different career paths. Which means schooling.

And that would take up a lot of time, I simply wouldn't be able to, or at least I don't think I'll be able to keep a daily post, plus go to school, plus do my day job, plus all that other stuff clean, cook, wash etc. etc. So maybe that is my outlet, my way to take up my time, Schooling instead of blogging... Who knows.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I feel like a half-blogjammer because I'm in Nashville most of the time. But I still hit Bluffton/Beaufort when school's out...

1000 posts is huge! I'm at 540 since August 2006 at moodytunes. I took a few breaks here and there but found that I enjoyed putting stuff on the blog even when it felt like I was writing for The Void.

Anyway, I don't know if I have any coherent thoughts, really. Just that I understand the ups and downs of the blog world.