Thursday, August 20, 2009

You are Going to Party, And You Will Like It

My wife, who has been my wife for over 4 years has suddenly developed a sort of anti-social behavior. It is not bad, or terminal, it is just weird. She doesn't want to throw a party or otherwise invite friends when it is something to do with her. Say I want a birthday party or her best friend is having a get together... she's all for that, but turn it around and suddenly she is an old hermit that has no friends.

Now that is not to say that she really is a hermit, in fact, she has way more friends than I do. Maybe it is pregnancy, or maybe it is something else, but she does have friends and people who care about her. So I guess I'll just take her out to have fun whether she likes it or not.



I'm like Mamma and the bad boy all wrapped up into one.

It is her birthday this week, and we're having a get together at a certain local place, and weeks later we are planning a baby shower. I can't make her have fun, but I can force her to go. I think...

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MH:
My birthday's TOMORROW, and I'm in the same league as your missus.
That did NOT stop my buddy in DE from sending me something (we still do that).

But I'm not for all the fol-de-rol these days.

Gimme some cake (ANY time is a good time for cake), and let ME buy something for ME...and we'll call it "square", 'K?

As my Dad used to say:
It's "just another day".

But we STILL made it special for him...in spite of that...and he DID enjoy it.

Have a great weekend.

B.G.