Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back Home Again

And so begins another school year. Ok I know, it doesn't start for another week, but my oldest is coming home this weekend, and thus the school year begins. There are other signs, but for me this is the biggest.

Now instead of a 3-year-old giving me grief about her bedtime or just 5 more minutes in the bath tub, I get re-indoctrinated in the world of not doing as told. You know, the look your teenager gives you because they think they know everything, and do not need your help, and yet if you don't give some kind of guidance, she is going to suffer until you do help her somehow. But I could be wrong, I mean, I base this all on past achievements. Now that my kid is in honors classes across the board, maybe it will be different. I did say 'maybe'.

Still it is nice to have my immediate family back under one roof again. And it will feel nice to hand some chores back too. I mean, I'm just saying... Welcome home kid, the cat box has missed you, as well as the dishwasher... Right? My wife says that if I actually say that my daughter will hate me. I don't know, the truth will set you free.

No comments: