Saturday, August 1, 2009

24 weeks

So we got a view into the womb of my wife, via a 3D ultrasound. The first one shows part of her face and hand, and she is healthy, which is all we can hope for really.


Below you can see her a bit more, but her nose is mushed.


It all is nice to look at but I don't hold much in the way of predictability in the science, I mean, yeah they can tell if it is a boy or girl, and maybe if it has something wrong, but as far as size, well not so much. See, last time the ultrasound "told" us that the baby (my 3-year-old) was 10+ pounds, it turned out to be a very normal 7 pound baby. But the doctor let my wife have it, because he said she was not staying on her diet and was pre-eclamptic . Basically he accused her of eating bad things, but as it turns out, we had a very normal kid, normal weight, size, length, pretty much everything. And my wife was vindicated, sort of, I mean any caring mother who is blessed out by her doctor thinks the worst, I mean afterall he's the doctor right? That doctor only does GYN and no longer OB, and for that we are glad.

No comments: