Tuesday, August 11, 2009

She Gets Me

I think I am going to be all sappy for at least one blog post. I know that I have been kind of anti-social, anti-kid, anti-teenager or otherwise against anything my oldest daughter did. And I still am, sorta' but honestly I'm really glad she is back. Not just because there is somebody else to clean out the cat box either, it is deeper than that.

My daughter was telling me all of the horrors of living in Mississippi for 5 weeks, and it brought back everything I hated about living there. Everybody has problems, but living on top of each other just makes it worse... seriously.

Anyhow my daughter gets me, gets my attempts at humor, my sayings, my ribbings, my everything. And that isn't to say that my wife doesn't, but she just couldn't the way 1/2 of ME does. So I'm happy, and I've never been this kind of happy before. It is scary. We have been out, taking a walk every evening since she has been back. I need to get in shape, stay active, and the time I get to spend with my daughter is good too.

It usually turns into a laughing kind of walk, we take the dogs with us, and anyone who happens to come across us is probably thinking, "What the hell is so funny". And I really don't know, I mean it just is, if that makes sense. Which it likely does not, and that is ok too. I don't know how long this will last, but I hope it lasts a lonnnnnnnggggggggg time. We'll see...

1 comment:

Aunt Bea said...

It IS great, isn't it, when they start to mature and begin to think, "Hey, Dad's not such a mean old fart, and actually makes sense sometimes!"

After much terror and grief when our daughter was growing up, she drove all night last night after she got off work to be with her Daddy at a legal proceeding today. She is totally devoted, and a total joy to be around. And yet she is independent and funny and has her own life and adventures.

" 'S Wonderful"...