Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hubig's... Mmmm, Mmmm

So the pivotal moment has arrived, and what is this moment your asking? It was my daughter coming back with a bit of New Orleans swag. Hubig's pies to be exact. Oh how I used to go down to the corner store and get one, and eat it, and everything was right with the world. To the uninformed, it is probably just a fried pie, but to me, it is my childhood and it is from New Orleans, so they have to be good right? Oh yes! Yes, they are.



I have been telling anybody who will listen, that if you go to New Orleans, you simply must try a Hubig's pie. Now when I was growing up, they were 35¢, now they are a buck a piece. They also had two kinds, the fried pie, and then another more like a miniature home baked pie. That was the kind I would get when I was a kid, it cost 10¢ more because it was a bit bigger. But anyway, if anyone wants to get me some more pies, they are available for shipment.

I know, it costs a bit, but it (in my mind) is so worth it. And they have so many flavors to choose from. My wife and oldest daughter were kind of not so impressed, but I'm telling you, if you want me to be happy, give me a Hubig's pie.

No comments: