Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Brush With Golf's Elite

Ok so it really isn't a "brush" it is more like something me and my brother made up... we were little, and I was very gullible. The man was Tom Watson the time was 1981 or 1982, and Tom was having some success. That would make me 6 or 7 years old and my brother is 5 years older than me.

Anyway we'd stay up late in the summer, because there was nothing much to do. And we watched golf on ESPN. And all of this means what? Well I developed a following of Tom Watson, and I'd get excited when he would do well. We would practice our golf swing and putting stance... all for nothing I'm fairly sure my brother doesn't golf, and the few times I have been don't really count for much. My golf is limited to "Putt-Putt" and a few times I murdered the golf course for some charity events. I also used to knock a few at the driving range when I was in the army.

So anyway it looks like Tom is doing well again, nope he choked. And I might would have cheered him on, maybe. That is if golf didn't make me take a nap. Ah well maybe next time Tom, maybe next time.

No comments: