Thursday, February 18, 2010

Times Change

You know, the past few weeks have been like a whirlwind for me... well at least sometimes, other times it feels pretty normal. But it seems like just yesterday we were going to the hospital to have the littlest, who is up to 15 pounds now. And it seems like the whole gall bladder thing is a distant memory... a painful memory but still. Now I am left alone, while my wife goes to a conference. Oh boy!

It really isn't that bad anymore. Though both the songbird and the little one who isn't little are on antibiotics. It still doesn't bother me. It will come and it will go, regardless. That's not to say "I'll miss you hunny", or the kids don't realize that you are gone... because they do, and I do miss her badly, it is just saying that I can deal with it better than before.

I liked it when we went to DC together. I liked it a lot. But That was a once in a lifetime sort of thing... and no kids... and 2 almost 3 years removed. I hope we still have it in us, medically, financially, and really any other way to do it again. But for now, we or least least one of us, has to sit back and watch these youngens' grow.

And when she comes back... we have a birthday party to go to... a Chuckie Cheese birthday party for crying out loud! I am not going to do that alone... ever. Nope, so come home soon!

No comments: